Help troubleshooting my Dakota Alert 3000 or 2500 Probe system. (False Alerts)
1. Double check battery levels, each should be reading 3.0 or above.
2. Check and decrease sensitivity at transmitter box.
3. Disconnect the probe from the transmitter box. If the false alarms continue it is a problem within the transmitter, if they stop it was an issue with the probe or wire.
4. If the false alarms stopped (narrowing it down to a problem with the probe or wire), inspect the probe and wire for any nicks or damage. This will cause false alarms.
5. If the false alarms continue (narrowing it down to the transmitter box), remove the batteries. If the false alarms continue still change your dip switch configuration. You likely have a neighbor with a system on the same channel!