Help troubleshooting my Dakota Alert 3000 or 2500 Probe system. (Missing Alerts)
1. Double check battery levels, each should be reading 3.0 or above.
2. Check and increase sensitivity at transmitter box.
3. Do “shovel” test (wave shovel blade over the exposed probe), remember to leave approx. 30 second windows between activation’s (Watch the LED light inside the transmitter box, it should light each time the shovel is detected).
4. Every time the LED activates, the receiver(s) (as long as it has been at least 30 seconds) should sound the alert message.
5. Double check that the dip switches in transmitter and receiver match (all “Down” tends to the most reliable positioning).
6. If you find that one receiver is operating properly, while the other is not try swapping their locations. This well tell us if it an issue with the receiver, or the location.